Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug 02. Speed test Vray 1.46.15 vs 1.09.03r

I render scene in vray 1.09.03r.Max 6.
    Render time GI(I donth render final image button cheked ) has 8min.
    I save IM to file. Done i render AA whit load IM from file.
    Render time has 52min

Done I render this scene in vray 1.46.15.
    Render time GI - 19min
    Render time AA - 1h 20min

If we compared two buld vray
    Vray 1.46.15 slow
    in render GI - 240%
    in render AA - 155%

Whats a problem?

Sorry my English[/img][/url]

What are your QMC settings? Could be a reason!

Marco
    Workstation Core i7 6900 - 32GB RAM - GeF970
    Dual Xeon E5-2630 - 32GB RAM

Comment

same problem

Hi everyone, having the same problem.

I open a Max6 scene an render it with 1.09.03r in Max6 and at a res of 640 x 480 it completes the render in 2 min 20 secs.

the exact same scene in Max 7 with Vray 1.46.15 it takes takes 5 min. 43 secs, with the exact same settings and stuff, what the hell is going on? this cant exactly be named an improvement, can it? whats the solution to this, if there is any?

thanks for any help!
      "Scottie? What's the status?" "Ion repulsors damaged, warp core unstable and fluctuating" "How long until we're ready for warpspeed?" "In about 4 hours, captain" "Scottie, you've got 2 hours" "I'll do it in 1 captain"

Comment

The new builds take more samples than the 1.09.xx builds with the same settings, that's why the rendertimes are longer. You should change the setting for the new builds to speed it up.

Search the forum for the other threads on this subject if you want a deeper explanation. It has been discussed a lot a few weeks back.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Ooops, I forgot that most of the bugreports forum posts are gone...

Render the scene in both versions with show samples on and you will see that the new build takes a lot more samples. You can lower settings like the Hsphere subdivs to get the same quality and rendertime you had in older versions. Also check the QMC sampler settings like TutanMark said.
          Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by egz
            Search the forum for the other threads on this subject if you want a deeper explanation. It has been discussed a lot a few weeks back.

Im sorry www.chaoticdimension.com has ben craked and forum post - delete

Comment

maybe...

hi all,

thanks for the fast replies. well the qmc sampler isnt the reason, it uses the same settings as the previous version. the Hsphere subdivs and so on, could be the reason, ill have to check it out, although i somehow doubt it... thanks again!

greets,
              schmyvol
              "Scottie? What's the status?" "Ion repulsors damaged, warp core unstable and fluctuating" "How long until we're ready for warpspeed?" "In about 4 hours, captain" "Scottie, you've got 2 hours" "I'll do it in 1 captain"

Comment

not

no, makes no difference here anyways... the hsphere divs or the interpolation samples both dont make a difference... : ( i dont get it...

btw, is it possible to change how many buckets are used when rendering? ive got 2 cpus, but vray automatically uses 4 buckets. I would like to use two only though, can i change this and if yes how? thanks for the help!

Comment

How can you say lowering the settings makes no difference?

You have 4 buckets because you have 2 procs. each with HT which = 4 threads. Disable HT and you will only have 2 buckets.
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Re: not

Originally posted by schmyvol_eye
                    no, makes no difference here anyways... the hsphere divs or the interpolation samples both dont make a difference... : ( i dont get it...

btw, is it possible to change how many buckets are used when rendering? ive got 2 cpus, but vray automatically uses 4 buckets. I would like to use two only though, can i change this and if yes how? thanks for the help!

This scene render on P4 2.8 2Gb ram XP+SP1
                    HyperTreading - ON (2bucket region).

QMC - standart 0.85/0.005

Comment

are you using QMC for secondary bounce? if so then check your settings when using 1.09 scenes in 1.4x it will put the samples at 50 for QMC you need to drop that to something like 8. then check your glossy reflections. basically the default has been dropped to 8 so give that a check since if you have them too high it can cause the speed hit.

---------------------------------------------------
                      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Wow a tripple simultaneous post, I think that is a first
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

no diff

i mean it makes no noticable difference... ill check my materials and so on. the settings for the secondary bounces (qmc) are lowered. hopefully the materials make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
                            are you using QMC for secondary bounce? if so then check your settings when using 1.09 scenes in 1.4x it will put the samples at 50 for QMC you need to drop that to something like 8. then check your glossy reflections. basically the default has been dropped to 8 so give that a check since if you have them too high it can cause the speed hit.
                            Other setings in 1.46.15
                            Secondary bounce - QMC Multiplier = 0.7
                            QMC Sampler 0.85/0.005 Min samples 2
                            Quasi Monte Carlo GI Subdivs=1 Bounce=1
                            NO glossy. (Refl/refr = 1)
                            Default Geometry - static

This settings is very very simple. And 1.09.03r - fast

Vray 1.46.15 has very fast in prepass.
                            In prepass scene 1.09.03 has very slow

What say Vlado?

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                              How can you say lowering the settings makes no difference?

You have 4 buckets because you have 2 procs. each with HT which = 4 threads. Disable HT and you will only have 2 buckets.
                              well how do i disable hyperthreading?

i must say im a tad ticked off about vray right now. i have tons of older files which i might need to rerender, and if i have to change all the settings in those files i'm in for it. how can they just change this stuff? i see no reason to...

Comment

Working...
                              X