unhandled exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unhandled exception

Every 10 or 15 frames my render crashes with unhandled exception. It can be restored after 3dsmax and vray restart, but then again. It is on GPU, scene is rather heavy. I attach the screenshot of a problem and vray log txt to investigate. Would be great to have it sorted out quickly, because I use remote desktop and it's time consuming to resume render every 15 frames.
    I've sent the log via gmail cause its too big to upload it here. I am Norman and my email is normanleto80....

Best,

As already discussed, please try reverting back to the latest recommended driver 419 and in case this doesn't resolve the issue, send us the scene for further investigation.
    Kristina Georgieva
    Technical Support
    support@chaosgroup.com
    Chaos Group

Comment

Unfortunately, reverting to 419 doesnt solve the problem. But perhaps any developer can 'feel' what this message means (attachement). After this, max crashes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-04-19 194733.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1033791

Comment

Unfortunately without the scene we cannot debug the problem.
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Hello,
          just sending you a troublesome scene via wetransfer. About 2 gigs created by 3dsmax archive option. It requires max 2019, anima 3.5, xmesh loader, as I described before. My system is 2x RTX 2080 in Nvlink mode (8GB ram each). I have intel I9 7940x cpu, 128gb ram. Windows 10. Also, I used vray scene convert to get rid non-vray mats. Tested both with nvidia 419.x and 425.x drivers - no joy with both. Crash (unhandled exception) is not easily reproductible, but for each 30 frames rendered there should be an error. Perhaps a certain object in the camera cone causes it, perhaps some gpu render element (cryptomatte?). Hard to say.

Also - my separate question - why cryptomatte pass does generate different color values for the same objects for every next frame? It makes impossible to use internal cryptomatte data to retrieve mattes in post production - they just flicker randomly as cryptomatte values change randomly. Please check yourself.

Comment

I haven't received anything from wetransfer. The Cryptomatte issue is already fixed for the upcoming Update 2.

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Actually please check for vray.dmp and/or 3dsmax_minidump.dmp in your %temp% folder after a crash and send it over.

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
                Actually please check for vray.dmp and/or 3dsmax_minidump.dmp in your %temp% folder after a crash and send it over.
                I've just sent it to general support@chaosgroup.com email, best

Comment

Hello. Any progress on this case? I've sent a scene file and log about week ago and no answer from support....
                  best
                  nl

Comment

It was Easter here, so there was nobody at the office. I've left your scene to render over the holiday and so far 820 frames rendered without a problem. I'll dig a little more.

Peter Matanov
                    Chaos

Comment

It was Easter here, so there was nobody at the office. I've left your scene to render over the holiday and so far 820 frames rendered without a problem. I'll dig a little more.
                      Thanks for effort. Right now I use thinkbox deadline for ugly workaround - It resumes render in automatic way after crash and restarts 3dsmax, so this way it can go forward even with periodic crashes. Btw, here is how it looks now. I am at similar lenght in term of rendered frames: https://vimeo.com/332615458
                      What gpu's do you use, and which nvidia drivers?

best,
                      nl

Comment

2xGV100 @ 411.70 with NVLINK. Can you please look for a dump file on your machine?

Peter Matanov
                        Chaos

Comment

I've already sent a render log file several days ago. Which dump file do you exactly mean? At which location?
                          best
                          nl

Comment

This is the location, please check after the crash.

Peter Matanov
                            Chaos

Comment

Working...
                            X