Distributed Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering

As of late, I can't use DR. All my maps are there and copy maps it checked, but I get from the slave without the texture. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. What can I do?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

in asset tracker, see that they all say "ok"

then make sure your slave has access to those paths.

If any of the maps say "found", that means the paths is either explicitly set in max user paths (not your scene), or the files are "found" somewhere else. In the case of "found", your pc my find it, but your slave might not.

They should ALL say "OK". Forestpack and Railclone maps are an exception to the rule currently as they are set via user paths in max settings. (but itoo is wokring on ways to manage this differently in the future)

If you get any paths that says "NETWORK", then stick this in the maxscript listener:
    Code:
    ATSOps.CheckNetworkPaths = true
    ...then refresh the asset tracker
    Last edited by Morne; 25-04-2019, 11:40 PM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Can I jump on this thread?

I'm having issues maps on DR, and I can't figure it out.

I have 3 computers, all linked to a NAS where the assets and projects are stored.

I can render fine using Backburner, each machine sees the assets fine.

By when I render from the workstation and use DR, the maps are always missing.

I have tried Morne script too. I have also restarted numerous times, and tried running the spawners as administrator.

I'm a bit stuck, I know the machines can see, read and write to the mapped drive, just don't know why they appear missing in DR.

The only way to make DR work is to tick "transfer missing assets", where it will transfer every map. This isn't ideal and takes a long time.

Any suggestions folk?

Cheers,
      Dean

Comment

I always recommend following: go to your slave and run 3ds max and open your scene you are trying to use it as DR for. If it renders that scene then it should in theory render same in DR. Let me know if you get any issues / errors it might help you in figuring out what's happening.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Thanks Dmitry. On the slaves, Max is installed for rendering only, no licences so can't open and run Max. However, I can render through backburner, and each machine renders the files fine. It's just DR which doesn't see the maps. Any suggestions?

Comment

How is your max setup? Is convert to UNC paths checked in settings?
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
            X