Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR crashes on one camera view but not on other

I'm using Max 2020 for this.

I have a fairly simple scene in progress. It is a house that is a Revit model, created by others, that I imported. I have applied new vray materials. I have not added any new geometry to speak of and no forest Pack stuff or other complexity.

I have 3 vray cameras set up. All are copies of each other using the same settings. I have one vray sun/sky.

I can use the IPR in the vray frame buffer with the camera that shows the front of the house. BUT, when I try to use the IPR with either of the other 2 cameras that show the back of the house I get an instant, poof Max is gone , crash. Or once got the error message shown in the attached screen grab.

I have run the vray scene converter also to hopefully correct any problematic materials from the Revit import.

I'd like to be able to use the IPR fro all the views/cameras but can't figure out what is causing the trouble. I can send the scene to you if needed.

Thanks for any help.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Hello,

Sending the scene to our support would be best. Besides that - if Max generates any crash dumps (called 3dsmax_minidump.dmp in your temp folder) - send them too.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

OK. What is the process for sending a scene to support? Attach to email (send to address?) or use dropbox or...?

Thanks!
      mark f.
      openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Hi Mark,

You can send us a direct download link to support@chaosgroup.com using any file transfer service. Or ask for FTP access (to our servers) on the same email address to upload the file there.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for your reply and help. I got a bit more pro active and deleted some of the imported Revit geometry that would not be seen in the renderings I'm doing. it seems that now problem is fixed and no need for me to send you the scene to analyze.

thanks again.
          mark f.
          openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Working...
          X