ColorCorrection makes HDRI monochrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColorCorrection makes HDRI monochrome

I am trying to adjust an HDRI in my Domelight to have less contrast, a little bit different colors etc. So I put it in a ColorCorrection map, but the moment I do that lighting becomes neutral and colorless.
    I think that is a bug, right?
    Is there another way to adjust saturation control with an HDRI?
    using Vray Next GPU, btw.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Does it work with CPU because I remember being able to do that with CPU. Have you tried with an output map? Are you using the ColorCorrection (standard Max) or ColorCorrect map (plugin)
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

try sticking it in a multitexture (no idea if that would work on GPU though)
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

in VRayHDRI map >> RGB and Alpha source >> RGB output: intensity as gray
        that gives you desaturated version. mix both in composite map.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.
          I remember it working correctly in CPU, havent tested it yet. It has to work either way, thats what ColorCorrection is for. I am using the standard one btw, not the plugin.
          I am now using a composite map with a grey color on top and set to color mode to adjust the saturation.
          Also a good way to desaturate the lower half of HDRIs btw. Awesome
          Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
          www.AddYourLight.com
          Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Working...
          X