Nightly 4.2 (extreme memory usage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightly 4.2 (extreme memory usage)

I had this problem in a complex scene, then created a simple scene to see if it was something complex was causing it.

Extreme memory usage as shown in attachment.

I downgraded to latest available 4.1 update 1.2 in download section and the problem went away.

The scene is very basic. Cylinder on plane (with shadow catcher). 1 Area light. 1 HDRI. Vraymaterials have no maps

Attached Files

Is this a stable nightly?
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
      Is this a stable nightly?
      Yes, and this is on GPU by the way

Comment

Doesn't happen here. Please send me the scene.

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Doesn't happen here. Please send me the scene.
          Actually more problems:

Using Vray GPU BUCKET rendering

It happens in every scene. Even a simple scene with a plane, cylinder, and area light.

Tried different nvidia drivers, different versions of max 2019, 2020.

Renders literally like 5 times slower. Freezes max when hitting stop/cancel. High memory usage

These problems all go away when moving back to update 1. Update 2 is completely not usable for me

Comment

You mean that particular nightly build is not usable for you. That's not Update 2. If you don't need to use nightlies, please stick to the official builds.

Anyway that was a regression that lived only in the nightlies and there will be a new fixed build in the next few days.

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Anyway that was a regression that lived only in the nightlies and there will be a new fixed build in the next few days.
              Hear hear.
              Access to nightlies is risky, know what you (want to) get into.
              Most of all, it's *not* for public discussion, under any circumstance.
              What goes on in the nightlies, stays in the nightlies. ^^
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

You mean that particular nightly build is not usable for you. That's not Update 2. If you don't need to use nightlies, please stick to the official builds.

I just had concerns about the latest nvidia security problem and wanted to use the latest version to be the most compatible (asked about that in a different thread). I only mentioned this because it was under the stable section. Is is better to do that in the support email then?

^Lele^ yea I know, I wouldn't dare mention a feature or anything like that. I'll stick to emails to be safer then with nightly stuff

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by marksmanguy View Post

I just had concerns about the latest nvidia security problem and wanted to use the latest version to be the most compatible (asked about that in a different thread). I only mentioned this because it was under the stable section. Is is better to do that in the support email then?

^Lele^ yea I know, I wouldn't dare mention a feature or anything like that. I'll stick to emails to be safer then with nightly stuff

Thanks guys
                  Yes!
                  Those are preferred, and work a treat, while not risking to scare the more general public (more than revealing some secret).
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                  X