Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-ray Proxy object does not load material IDs correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray Proxy object does not load material IDs correctly.

Hey everyone,
    I've nailed down what I think is a bug with the V-Ray proxy object.

I have a regular max object with material IDs, and one of those material ID is "empty" (so some polys have ID1, zero polys have ID2 and some polys have the ID3).
    Now If I export this object as an Alembic file using max 2019.3 and load it with the vray proxy object, ID3 (in the case above) becomes ID2 and ID1 stays correct.
    If I load that very same alembic file using the regular 3ds max importer, the IDs import fine.

I've attached a small file to demonstrate the issue.

I'm guessing it's not intended like that, right? I would like the V-Ray Proxy object to load it the same (correct) way as the regular importer would load it.

Thanks
    -Robert
    Attached Files

Hi Robert,

Same thing in my tests here so I'm logging it as a issue VMAX-8634 and will post here when we have the fix added to the builds. You can use the .vrmesh instead right now as a workaround, if possible.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, I wanted to ask what the status of this issue is? I just stumbled about the exact same issue (using Vray Next 2.1). In my case using .vrmesh does not work because it does not preserve instances (and abc does).
      Thanks! Daniel

Comment

We don't have a fix for this yet, but what I can do is to bump it's priority a bit.
        Last edited by tashko.zashev; 31-07-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

This issue is resolved for the next V-Ray update.

Comment

Very cool, thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X