Saving EXR from the VBF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving EXR from the VBF

Still don't seem to be able to save an EXR with render elements that will open as in Photoshop from the VBF.
    If I save from the frame buffer dialogue "V-ray raw image file" save as EXR, then photoshop will bring in all the render element layers. Save out an EXR from the VBF window as openEXR, photoshop only brings in the diffuse and alpha.

A 1080p frame saved from the Vimg dialogue is 42mb, saved from the VBF with "automatic" set for layers in the render element section of the OpenEXR save dialogue, is only 14mb. (that is data missing)

I tried manually selecting render elements and turning them ON in the save set-up, but closing the dialogue and checking set-up again, they are still flagged OFF. Could this be to do with Vray render element tab needing the elements to be turned OFF?

I'm using the EXR-IO (2.0) plugin for PS 20
    Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
    I need a new signature
    --
    Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
    ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

I presume this thread will answer your question (correct me if I'm wrong).
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ltichannel-exr
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Not really! Sorry. I don't understand why when you finish a render, and have all the render elements available in the VBF window, you are given an option to save out an OpenEXR, even with a dialogue to configure the EXR it will only save out the diffuse and alpha channel, or am I wrong? I can't seem to get it to do anything else.
      Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
      I need a new signature
      --

Comment

Works fine here. Are you clicking the save all channels to 1 image button?
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Well you learn something everyday...didn't even know that was there...what did I learn...I'm an idiot (actually I know that ages ago) :P Thanks Ashley!!
          Simon

I need a new signature
          --

Comment

Working...
          X