Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DR + adaptive dome light or adaptive lights results in buckets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR + adaptive dome light or adaptive lights results in buckets.

Hello,
    We get this issue quite a lot. When using DR on random occasions we get bucket of this sort.
    The same exact scene was rendered for animation as well, 1 frame on 1 node, and there was not a single issue.
    Same happens also when only 1 node is rendering.
    Checked for overlaps and other straight forward things that could cause this (also this would show in the animation).

Based on that we are guessing it has to be DR issue.
    It shows only in HDRI pass, which i guess means that this could be the adaptive dome light bug ?

Thanks for quick response.
    Attached Files

Adaptive dome light (WIP) is probably causing it. I haven't been able to use Adaptive dome light because of this issue.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      Adaptive dome light (WIP) is probably causing it. I haven't been able to use Adaptive dome light because of this issue.
      tried now turning it off, still same thing happening, tho. testing also full eval of lights.

Comment

it is actually a big problem because we have this a lot.
        idk if some specific HW setup for DR can be causing this or what, but we have it almost in all stills images rendered with DR.
        And it is not a some plugin missing because all anims are rendered correctly.

Comment

Do you think it will be possible for you to send us a scene to support@chaosgroup.com ? If there is an issue, we will need to solve it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
            I'm not actually aware of any issues with the adaptive dome light and DR and it generally seems to work fine here. Do you have more specific steps to reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              I'm not actually aware of any issues with the adaptive dome light and DR and it generally seems to work fine here. Do you have more specific steps to reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Hi Vlado,
              Yes i tested last days pretty much all the combinations, and it didn't prove that the Adaptive lights or dome was the issue. Even without the setting enabled the issue was still there.

What i noticed that there are 2-3 nodes out of 8-10 rendering that are causing the buckets, but what is weird is that is every time other ones.

Will pack the scene and send over. Hope it will help.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post

Hi Vlado,
                Yes i tested last days pretty much all the combinations, and it didn't prove that the Adaptive lights or dome was the issue. Even without the setting enabled the issue was still there.

What i noticed that there are 2-3 nodes out of 8-10 rendering that are causing the buckets, but what is weird is that is every time other ones.

Will pack the scene and send over. Hope it will help.

Thanks!
                There was an issue some time ago, where the render nodes had trouble with the light cache. Basically every node created or received a slightly different one.
                Please do the following to verify: Precalculate the light cache on one machine (dont render final image on to save time), and then load it in the GI settings (light cache from file mode). That way, every node will receive exactly the same light cache. If the issue is gone, please report this as a bug.
                https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post

There was an issue some time ago, where the render nodes had trouble with the light cache. Basically every node created or received a slightly different one.
                  Please do the following to verify: Precalculate the light cache on one machine (dont render final image on to save time), and then load it in the GI settings (light cache from file mode). That way, every node will receive exactly the same light cache. If the issue is gone, please report this as a bug.
                  hi Kosso,
                  Tried that exactly, since the buckets were specifically in indirect pass of HDRI.
                  Problem is that the render speed drops significantly, since i guess the LC is used for also many other calculations.
                  To be honest i didn't eve let the render finish with that test because it was barely moving.

Support has the scene already, so i guess there will be some back and forth now, and we will find the issue.
                  I am pretty sure it could be just me doing something weird, but problem is that it is almost in every scene, and we tried to many approaches.

Will report once know more.

Comment

Hey guys.

We've encountered the same problem.
                    In one case we found out that one of the nodes was running a newer version of v-ray which caused the problem with some buckets rendering differently. This might help some people but we've also had the same problem previously with another scene where all of the nodes had the same version.
                    Versions:
                    4.2 29145
                    and
                    4.1003 29065
                    Last edited by tussilago; 03-06-2019, 12:35 AM. Reason: added version numbers

Comment

Working...
                    X