Cryptomattes don't render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptomattes don't render

I'm having trouble understanding why cryptomattes don't appear in any scene renders.

I tried using the latest downloads, and nightlies.

GPU cryptomatte pass is black, and CPU looks like this attached.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files

Oops my bad, only works with buckets!

Comment

Yes, for the moment Cryptomattes work only in bucket mode.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hi vlado , i have a small cryptommate suggestion while we`re at this topic, hear me out.

Currently cryptommatte will not save correctly if "separate render channels" is checked in VFB. I understand it`s because the metadata + actual image(RGBA layers ) data needs to be together in single multilayer exr file. Fine, that`s how crypto was designed, all good. But they are a lot of clients that save passes/AOVs to separate files,and that`s where cryptomatte will not render/save correctly, and one cannot easily fix it with copy metadata nuke node. This means one always have to render cryptomatte as separate render job, rendering twice. Having to turn of the lights, shading, GI etc, to get the speed bump and then run it. It`s not efficient. Some of the shots can get heavy just to load the data(proxy, textures over network), so even when buckets render in no time, the actual job can take long hours do finish.
        But where i`m heading....Would you consider adding and checkbox to cryptomatte RE, that when checked, will create only single multilayered exr file for cryptomatte RE. It will only contain the crypto meta + image data, that means 4 layers in single file - Cryptomatte/Cryptomatte00/Cryptomatte01/Cryptomatte02.
        This way one can render everything only once and have a it all working out of the box. All will work as usual, the only difference will be 1 working file for crypto, instead of 4 non working.

thank you
        Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Originally posted by psanitra View Post
          hi vlado , i have a small cryptommate suggestion while we`re at this topic, hear me out.

Currently cryptommatte will not save correctly if "separate render channels" is checked in VFB. I understand it`s because the metadata + actual image(RGBA layers ) data needs to be together in single multilayer exr file. Fine, that`s how crypto was designed, all good. But they are a lot of clients that save passes/AOVs to separate files,and that`s where cryptomatte will not render/save correctly, and one cannot easily fix it with copy metadata nuke node. This means one always have to render cryptomatte as separate render job, rendering twice. Having to turn of the lights, shading, GI etc, to get the speed bump and then run it. It`s not efficient. Some of the shots can get heavy just to load the data(proxy, textures over network), so even when buckets render in no time, the actual job can take long hours do finish.
          But where i`m heading....Would you consider adding and checkbox to cryptomatte RE, that when checked, will create only single multilayered exr file for cryptomatte RE. It will only contain the crypto meta + image data, that means 4 layers in single file - Cryptomatte/Cryptomatte00/Cryptomatte01/Cryptomatte02.
          This way one can render everything only once and have a it all working out of the box. All will work as usual, the only difference will be 1 working file for crypto, instead of 4 non working.

thank you
          +1
          Good suggestion!
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Originally posted by psanitra View Post

thank you
            I've just run into this exact issue on a job. Required to output render elements to separate files on this job and now after having rendered quite a few sequences I've discovered I can't read my cryptomattes in Fusion as they're split out into separate files. Is there any way to read this data so I don't have to re render just for the cryptomatte?

Comment

Originally posted by GregCooper View Post

I've just run into this exact issue on a job. Required to output render elements to separate files on this job and now after having rendered quite a few sequences I've discovered I can't read my cryptomattes in Fusion as they're split out into separate files. Is there any way to read this data so I don't have to re render just for the cryptomatte?
              Has this issue been resolved? I am running into this issue 4 years later. Is there a method of having one single cryptomatte file with metadata included...at the moment Vray still exports out x4 seperate cryptomatte files.
              Last edited by stevesideas; 06-04-2024, 07:09 AM.
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post

Has this issue been resolved? I am running into this issue 4 years later. Is there a method of having one single cryptomatte file with metadata included...at the moment Vray still exports out x4 seperate cryptomatte files.
                Not through the 3ds Max output. If you wish a single Cryptomatte, the output must go through V-Ray (V-Ray raw image file). Also, we've added a new option to "Save Cryptomatte Separately".
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X