Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with Vraytoon in max 2020

Hello,
    I have this scene where I'm using VrayToon RnD for an upcoming project.
    It worked nice until I started to render foreground, bg, and sky hiding elements, then suddently the vraytoon started to do strange things and started not to show the line work in some of the objects.
    Didn't if I had textures aplied to modify the lines.
    Just isolating some objects makes the line dissapear to other objects.

I was struggling for awhile, I thought I might be doing something wrong, but then I moved to max 2019 also with VRAY NEXT and worked how it's supposed to be.

Well If i find the reason exactly that causes the problem I'll share.

Can you show some images of the problem?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I can't show much but for instance in this case.
      If i render some objects in renders the truck without any lines.
      Just isolating the truck with the teapot and ground and the lines are back...
      But sometimes its just a different truck, and some times its when I hide some other objects.
      Some objects are in the Exlude list for the VrayToon, but NOT the truck.
      Also the truck, of course, has the " vrayToon outlines" checked on in the Vray Object properties.

Now the scene is a bit messy and with lots of elements so hard to find the reason I would like to test under more under controled situation.
      Was more a heads up so if someone had this issue before or...

And like I said in Max 2019 felt solid and I could deliver the RnD preview without any other inconvenience.

thankyou.

Comment

I did the controlled test, with a suspicion that I had.

If I have an object in the exclude list and that object is hidden (in this test, the middle teapot) then VrayToon hide the lines of another "random" object. (in this test, the torus)
        I tested it in max 2019 and this doesn't happen.

V-Ray Next update 1.2 in both max 2020 and 2019.

Comment

mmm, damn, after some more testing, sometimes also happens in max 2019...
          hiding the "excluded" object on the scene, makes the last created object invisible to the toon lines....

Am I doing something wrong?
          Last edited by houourin; 28-05-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Sorry to insist, is this how it's supposed to work? or any idea of a workaround that is not disabling the exclude everytime?

Comment

Tried with new Vray update 4.2 and Max 2020.
              Problem still the same.

You hide and object that is excluded, you loose the line in another object... randomly.
              with LAYERS works Ok though. just when excluding from objects.

Comment

Hello!

Thank you for reporting this issue. I can see where things go wrong. Unfortunately it's not specific to any versionof 3ds Max - happens in my tests in any.
                I reported it in our bug tracking system and it's forwarded to our developers. Your explanation helped a lot in investigating it!

Until we fix this you can try disabling the Renderable option from the Object properties of the object you would hide otherwise. This seems to work around the issue.

Best regards,
                Margarita
                Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
                Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Thankyou for your reply and for the tip for the workaround.
                  we might do it that way for now.

thankyou!

Comment

Working...
                  X