Update 2 "Save to a Single File" bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 2 "Save to a Single File" bug

When I use the region render on a small portion of an already completed render, if you try to save the completed exr using the "Save to Single File" option; only the region render portion gets saved out regardless of what is shown in the frame buffer.

This bug does not occur if you save the render elements separately. Please let me know if there is a work around.

Thanks for the report. I'll make a note about it for our developers to look into. For now, use the separate render channels saving method, until this is resolved.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I have done the very same thing and it works without issue (see attached nuke image).
      The exr's bounds are set to the region, but the image size is preserved.
      Do you have an exr to share?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bBox.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	1038569
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I uploaded to exr's here:

https://gofile.io/?c=4mZDRa

"Test1.exr" was rendered normally at the full resolution. As you can see from the file size and the resulting exr there are no issues.

"Test2.exr" was after doing a small region render on a portion of the original render. As you can see from the smaller file size and the actual image, everything but the newly rendered area has been discarded.

Attached are also previews of the result.

Once again this only happens when using the "Save to a single file" option.

Please let me know when there is a nightly/ hotfix for this.

Thanks

Comment

I'm using Max 2019.3, and this problem occurs on both CPU and GPU render engines.

Comment

Duh me!
            I thought it saved just the crop, as in it changed image resolution.
            I can then confirm the behaviour: the image i show there was with the rest of the render around it, and saved with black.
            Sorry for the misunderstanding.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

One of the guys is looking into this.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The issue has been fixed. Until the fix is implemented in the stable builds, you can add the VRayOptionsRE, set the 'exr data window' to 'whole image' and save your exrs with the 'V-Ray raw image file' option in the frame buffer settings. Using this method will save the whole image regardless of the region.
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X