V-Ray proxy per frame not updating in viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray proxy per frame not updating in viewport

V-Ray proxy per frame is not updating in viewport when loading sequence of vrmesh files. It does update in production or even IPR render, but nothing updates in viewport. This is latest Next Update 2.
    Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Thanks for the pointer; let me see if we can reproduce this here.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello!

I managed to reproduce this locally only when the Show whole mesh display type is used. If this is your case, I suggest you copy the Mesh file string into the Preview override - this seems to unlock it in my tests at the moment.
      If this is not your case or the temporary workaround doesn't help, please, send us a scene so we can investigate it further.

Best regards,
      Margarita
      Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
      Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Margarita.Stoeva This temporary workaround only fixed it partially - for the case when Show whole mesh type is used. When the default is used(faces), it will still not update during playback. Maxfile + proxy sequence attached. Proxy was exported from VFH latest nightly...
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Thank you for the scene.The assets you use seem to have a preview mesh inside them that is the same in all frames. This is why it looks as if the preview is not updated. You can drag for example ball_1052.vrmesh in the viewport and use it as a single file (not a sequence) - then it's easy to see how the preview from file displays the preview mesh (which is the same sphere as the render mesh in the initial frame) and the show whole mesh displays the actual render mesh.

Best regards,
          Margarita
          Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
          Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Margarita.Stoeva I see, then i suggest you fix your vray proxy exporter that created this sequence, so it exports face preview each frame instead of just first single frame.
            It was exported from VFH, nighly, win10

Comment

Hi we have logged this issue for the Houdini proxy exporter. I will update you when it is resolved.

Comment

Working...
              X