Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3dsmax 4.2 crash with IPR

Hello guys,

I tend to work very fast and i use alot of IPR, when i press stop then quickly close again, 3dsmax always crash.

please see attach photo!

thanks!

the unhandle expectation is fixed with newly opened 3dsmax and merge into the scene, but whats withh the warning OptiX runtime version? does it affect anything?

Comment

The Optix warning shouldn't bother you.

A lot of IPR crashes were fixed in the builds that we've uploaded last Friday and there is a new batch of builds with even more fixes coming today or tomorrow. Strangely most of them were always in the code but somehow showed up now..
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

We uploaded a new version with a bunch of fixes related to IPR a bit earlier today (the version in the "About V-Ray" rollout says 4.20.00.00003). If you still get a crash with it, can you send me to vlado@chaosgroup.com the file 3dsmax_minidump.dmp from the temporary Windows folder (type %temp% in Windows Explorer to go there)?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

One step forward and two steps back. I am crashing on every stink'in render stop.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

You know what to do then; the last minidump you sent was very helpful (it was a specific issue with displacement and we already uploaded a fixed build) but there might be other things going on. We don't get these crashes here (I use IPR all the time) so I don't have any other way to debug them unfortunately.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Last edited by vlado; 24-06-2019, 03:17 PM.
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X