VrayNext issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayNext issues

Hey... been running into some annoying issues ever since I've updated to Next... Next Update 1: Whenever I open the render> environment window, Max crashes. If there is a material that Vray doesn't like, my GI dies when using the camera auto exposure setting. Update 2: DR slaves take a long time to show up in my render session. The pick up and start, but I don't see the render buckets right away. Takes a few minutes before they show. Anyone else having issues like this. I'm using Max 2019.
    Vincent Jaramillo
    Smithgroup
    301 Battery Street
    San Francisco, Ca 94111

Are you using Update 1 or Update 2 currently? Is the DR issue happening with Update 2 and not with Update 1 and the crash and GI issues with Update 1, but not with Update 2? Can you clarify a bit please.
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Currently using Update 2. The slow DR bucket issue was fine with Update 1. The render environment window crash is happening with both. The GI calc issue with disliked mats is happening with both Update 1 and 2.
      Vincent Jaramillo
      Smithgroup
      301 Battery Street
      San Francisco, Ca 94111

Comment

For the crash, it will be very helpful if you can send me the file 3dsmax_minidump.dmp from your temporary folder (type %temp% in Windows Explorer to get there) to vlado@chaosgroup.com

For the autoexposure, it will help if you can send me a scene file or at least tell us what kind of material is it?

For the slow DR startup, it will help if, right after the machine starts rendering, you can copy the file vraylog.txt from the temporary folder of the render slave and send it to me - it might contain some pointers on what is taking so long.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X