V-Ray Next DR machines don't load file changes unless I restart Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next DR machines don't load file changes unless I restart Max

I'm sure there's a switch somewhere I'm missing, but using DR, it seems that some scene changes don't get pushed through to the DR machines. Most noticeable is vertical tilt on the camera. If it was set one way and rendered, then set another, the change doesn't show up on the DR machines. There's been a few other things I've noticed as well using Forest Pack and Floor generator.

Does anyone have any ideas that would fix this? I'm using V-Ray next 2.1 and Max 2020.

Thanks!
    Chad

Update on this issue. I can't use automatic vertical tilt because I have a series of frames that are being rendered, some require camera correction, some don't. Because of that I'm using "guess vert tilt" for each frame with "auto key" checked to animate the values. When I sent this series of frames to render via backburner and DR, none of the animated vertical tilt values stuck, so I ended up with no camera correction on anything but the first frame.

Comment

Hi, just bumping the thread to see if anyone had a solution to this? I discovered today that the error also happens with progressive rendering.

Comment

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed answer. I tried to reproduce it in a newly created scene but no luck so far. Would it be possible to send over a scene to philip.shounev@chaosgroup.com for a closer look? Also it might be helpful if you could share vraylog files as well.

Best regards,
        Philip
        Philip Shounev
        QA department
        Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

thanks! Let me see if I can strip the file down and send it to you, it's rather large at the moment.

Comment

Hi again,

It seems that having both animated automatic vertical tilt and guess vertical at the same time is the reason why this happens. This can be seen easily when observing the curve editor. So the solution for that conflict would be to remove the automatic vertical tilt for the first two frames (0 and 1st frame).

Best,
            Philip
            Philip Shounev
            QA department
            Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Ok, thank you! I'll see if this fixes the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X