Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Next GPU fails to allocate memory while rendering in high resolution

Hi,
    I am experiencing a strange problem with VRay Next GPU. I have an exterior, 3DS 2019 scene, with a few lights, Forest Pro landscape and Railclone objects.
    It renders fine when I render in small resolution. But when I try to render the same scene in high resolution it fails to allocate memory.
    I also tried the override materials option. But it still gives me the same error in high resolution.
    I have two 2080Ti cards installed with NVLink.
    Please help.
    Thanks

Hello,

In case you are using NVidia Denosier, could you also make a test using V-Ray Denoiser and share with us how it goes.
    If you are still having issues, would it be possible to send us the scene to support@chaosgroup.com for investigation. Please mention this thread.
    Martin Minev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Displacement could also be screen-size dependent (with edges length in pixels), and an override material wouldn't turn it off.
      If that is the case, raising edge length may help.
      Alternatively, set the displacement to some other, non screen-dependent mode (i.e. with edge length in scene units.), being wary of the right size (it's easy to get it wrong and ask v-ray to create a lot of triangles.).
      Hair and/or fur could also have a subdivision setting set up to be resolution dependent.
      Last edited by ^Lele^; 01-08-2019, 10:52 AM.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
      X