Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128 bucket size and small region render

max 7 & VRay 1.46.15

not that this is a majour issue, when I render a small crop or region and have bucket size on 128 max will crash during irrad calculation, fine as soon as I reduce it to 64 or 32. it seemed if the bucket wont fit into the region it has problems.

I could not reproduce that here; if you have a scene that crashes reproducibly, I would like to look at it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

shure, it'll have to wait to monday now . I couldn't get it to happen all the time either but when it starts it'll keep happening.

Comment

Hey Vlado just sent the scene to vray@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

It seems that the problem is in the Hilbert curve sequence that you have selected. I'll be looking into this, hopefully it will be fixed for the next release.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I would have never guessed that, just thought hilbert was cool

Comment

Vlado, is there any advantages to using the different region sequences?
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Well, the idea behind the Hilbert and the Triangulation sequences is that they try to keep consequtive buckets close to each other, so that dynamic geometry (if any) can be reused. On some scenes, they may produce an image a lot faster than the other sequence types, with the Triangulation one being typically faster. Of course, all this is for scenes with dynamic geometry and without GI. Once you turn on GI, the rays bounce around the entire scene anyway, so the sequence type does not change things significantly. For scenes without dynamic geometry, everything is memory anyways, so again the sequence type does not matter.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Working...
                  X