Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayVomeGrid crashes

Hello.
    So a short description of the problem. We have VDB files from Houdini smoke simulation, we put them into scene(quite simple few forestpacks one simple house, and terrain), if we render only this VDBs from VolumeGrid, everything is ok, but when we add some object we have rendered only 0-1 pass and then 3ds max just silently close. We noticed that VolumeGrid doesn't render with VrayLightMTL, this cause crashes, we have checked our scene no VrayLightMTL was there. So we move forward, I have tried with isolating just a few objects, anyway it cause the crash, materials on this objects was CoronaMTL, than we convert it to VrayMTL and it still just silently die. We have tried put override material, just gray VrayMTL, seems like it start rendering, but anyway a bit unstable, with override material off we are receiving constant crash. It was with Vray 4.20.01. So we have tried reinstall on the older version 4.20.00 seems like start working better, but anyway we have some random crashes, in this version of Vray some not good bags(in 4.20.01 they was fixed) like region rendering and saving in EXR does not saved whole VFB only region that was rendered. Please find attachment with one of the vraylog files that have some error messages, other vraylog files did not have any error messages in it.
    Attached Files

I also found one more bug with VrayVolumeGrid. If we mirror it GPU preview will show nothing

Comment

Hello,

Can you send over the scene along with a vdb file to the support guys so we can take a look what is wrong?

Thank you,
      Georgi Zhekov
      Phoenix Product Manager
      Chaos

Comment

Hi. I found what was wrong with Volume Grid. If i render in progressive mode, it's always lead to crash after some time, but if I switch to buckets everythin is ok and I have no crash during the render

Comment

Hey,

Can you send us the scene along with the cache file so we can inspect what is going on? It should be working with both Progressive and buckets.
          Georgi Zhekov
          Phoenix Product Manager
          Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X