DR Nodes need 10 minutes to kick in...seems something wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Nodes need 10 minutes to kick in...seems something wrong

I realized my Dr nodes need a long time to kick in, but they do after 10 minutes or so.
    At first i thought it`s because of a heavy Scene but seems there's something going on.
    When i hit the resolve button in the DR settings the IP appears but Status stays empty
    (not sure if it ever was empty before or should there be something in there, could not find a picture in the net or in the help files)

Anyone knows something about this issue? No clue what causes this.
    Thanks in advance and a happy weekend to all of you!
    OLIKA
    www.olika.de

*Update* Hhmm, when i just use 1 node, it kicks in fast as expected.
    Which makes me thinking, does it make a difference in i.e. network traffic when ten nodes try to get the scene and join?
    Never experienced it like that before, seems right now all nodes wait for each other to kick in together when all have their scene, does that make sense?
    OLIKA
    www.olika.de

Comment

I think i figured it out. Not vray thing at all but more a network traffic problem.
      First my synology had some hickups and a reboot improved traffic again but i also noticed that i didn't had the "compress on save" option ON in 3ds max. So advance is that files save faster but end up in larger files. That takes more traffic then over the network to distribute the large file to all rendernodes. Seems that with compress on, the DR takes a little longer with"transforming vertices" but then the nodes start faster.
      OLIKA
      www.olika.de

Comment

...just in case anyone is interested. Otherwise i just keep talking to myself
        OLIKA
        www.olika.de

Comment

I'm interested Thanks for the update, this is definitely useful to know.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X