Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renderdifference between NEXT update 1 and 2

Hi,
    Updated NEXT from 4.10.03 to 4.20.01 and gets differencies in renders that should look exactly the same.
    We are doing a configurator with thousands and thousands of renders. It's crucial that everything looks exactly the same when updating and/or adding choices.

Differs in light but also in material. In the render from 4.20.01 the diffuse texture map is way to visible (diffuse slot set to 7%). Nothing is changed in the scene except the update to 4.20.01.

Has anyone else experienced these kind of differencies?

I have not done direct comparison but I have notice render elements, especially reflect showing in different way as it use to be, so I am assuming that rgb will also look slightly different. Maybe I have missed that during announcement but if not should be noted.
    Best Regards

Tomek

Portfolio: http://dtown.pl/

Comment

Ok, thank you urbanite. I have noticed differencies in the light and also the bump seems to be really cranked up (without changing any values). Not good.

Comment

I have now rolled back to both 4.10.03 and 4.10.02 without any luck. The same problem persists.
        Why can't I uninstall (update 2) and reinstall a previous version of V-Ray and get the same result as I used to? I'm quite sure I have downgraded in the past without any issues.

Comment

Hey,

Thank you for the feedback. Can I check the material or lighting setup, which you're using for comparison?

Cheers
          Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
          E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hey Boyan - yes of course! Thank you! Do you want the scene? Screenshots?

*edit: Boyan - you have mail!
            Last edited by VISUALISERA; 14-08-2019, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X