Vray lens effects in post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray lens effects in post

Is there any way to batch process a sequence to do lens effects in post?

Doing them alongside the render with heavy scenes results in them being randomly and periodically skipped. every 20-30 frames on random machines i'll end up with exrs that are missing the effects result channel, it's kind of annoying to hunt down.
    I'd prefer to be able to skip them at render time and generate a sequence ready to be laid over in post pre-tonemapping. Would allow us to fix any that ended up with questionable settings too.

I put the render output in the environment background of an empty scene. Then I save the glare as extra layer. Its really quick and you can render it on the farm.
    Nuke would be the other option, there's a free lens effects plugin from ChaosGroup.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Wish it was available for fusion... that sucks.
      Will use your workaround method instead!

Comment

Originally posted by Neilg View Post
        Wish it was available for fusion...
        Hear, hear! 1+
        German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

+ 100000 please!

Comment

You may use the 'vdenoise.exe' tool (C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 2020\bin\) to add lens effects out of the host application. Follow these steps:

1. Load an image from your sequence in the VFB for previewing purposes
            2. Set your desired lens effect settings
            3. Export a .vrscene, with the already set lens effect parameters that will be used for generating the lens effects in the standalone tool
            4. Open the 'vdenoise.exe' tool in cmd (by dragging and dropping the .exe) and write the following commands: -inputFile= sequence location -lensEffectsParams=vrscene location (make sure you replace the frame number with ???? for the tool to differentiate a sequence).

How it should look like:
            "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 2020\bin\vdenoise.exe" -inputFile=C:\Users\Alexander\Desktop\filename.???? .exr -lensEffectsParams=C:\Users\Alexander\Desktop\lense ffectsparams.vrscene
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

thanks doing that now.... the file names seem to need quotes though... taht said, is there any way toi use not just the lens effects, but the colour corrections as well?
              http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

Refer to this thread for an answer:
                https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...94#post1044694
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X