motion blur and refraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motion blur and refraction

i dont know if this has been reported before or is fixed in the current build...

i have a glass of liquid (coca cola) which is transparent, glossy value of 1 and a dark cola colored fog.
    once i turn on motion blur the liquid is no longer transparent.
    its easy to reproduce, it goes back to normal once i turn off the motion blur.

im using build 1.09.03r (still weary of using the new build til i get some free time to adjust to the changes.)

any ideas?

Motion blur has changed a lot since 1.09.03r so the first thing we should do is check if this still happens. Is it possible for you to post the scene so that we can try it in the new builds?
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

sure. i may have to strip the file down, but once i get into work ill upload it.
      thanks.

Comment

here is the file

http://www.asango.com/misc/COK_coke_glass_test.zip

max 6 and vray 1.09.03r

Thanks!

Comment

The coke looks the same with and without MB in 1.46.15, but it is a lot darker than in your rendering. This may be because of changes to the material in the latest versions I suppose.

There are some warnings generated by your file though, mainly because of subframe particle spawning I suppose, try to turn that off in Pflow. You should also try to keep MB duration at less than 1 frame to keep particle topology constant.
          Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

so it looks like something that was fixed in the current build, or that the 'new' materials are not affected that way.
            I guess I'll have to use the camera MB or do it in two passes.

The file does not generate any errors for me in 1.09 and thx for the advice about the MB duration.

Thanks for checking it out.

Comment

This is just a wild stab at something that I ran into but, DO you have caustics turned off? For some reason, when I turn off refractive caustics in the new .15 version, refractions are way to dim.

-=GB=-
              Galen Beals
              Animator/Technical Director
              Portland, Oregon

Comment

Working...
              X