Memory problems - should I downgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problems - should I downgrade?

I have recently upgraded from 1.09.03r to 1.46.15. Until now I have had no problems.

I created an animation a while ago and it's a pretty big and complex model. This rendered fine with 1.09.03r.

I have had to make some minor modifications to the scheme and now it crashes each night, saying that it's out of memory. The only real difference between now and then is the Vray upgrade.

Does 1.46.15 use more memory than 1.09.03r?

I am aware that more memory would probably solve the problem (I have 2Gb), but I have recently got a computer upgrade and there's no more money available.

Should I downgrade (back to 1.09.03r), or is there another solution?

I have seen this in the 'sticky' above.......................

(*) Most of the other crashes (probably 99%) are related to running out of memory; there is a page in the help index that gives some tips what to do in that case.

....................But I can't find the page....

EDIT : I apologise. This should have been in 'General'. I was browsing the Bug Reports.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has the world gone mad........................or is it me?

Here is a direct link to the trouble-shooting page:

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRay...ooting.htm#ram

In many cases, 1.46.xx versions use less memory than 1.09.xx.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado.

There's plenty to look at there.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has the world gone mad........................or is it me?

Comment

Working...
      X