Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.7 crashing Max 2020.2

Hey, all
    We just upgraded to Max 2020.2 and are consistently having problems with Max crashing to desktop everytime we hit F10 and V-ray is the current renderer. This doesn't happen with Scanline or ART.
    Any clues on what to do? It's kind of impossible to work...
    Cheers
    V-Ray Evangelist, Trainer and Freelancer
    www.behance.net/rickeloy

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...95#post1047295
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Thanks, Vizioen. Unfortunately, we just downloaded the installer from the download portal, so it's not an old installation or anything like that (or at least it doesn't seem like it).
      V-Ray Evangelist, Trainer and Freelancer
      www.behance.net/rickeloy

Comment

When Max crashes - it should create a crash dump - 3dsmax_minidump.dmp located in your temp folder. Can you upload one dump here ?
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

The build from April 2019 had the same installer file name as the latest August 2019 build [vray_adv_37001_max2020_x64.exe]. I had a horrible crashing issue from installing the older installer. I assumed we had the latest build because the installer name has not changed. After two days of troubleshooting, the issue was fixed by installing the build from August 2019. Attached are screencap of the two files with the same filename from different time, I figured it out when I noticed the file size are slightly different. I'm glad it's finally back to normal and no more crashing. It seems to be a bad combination of temporarily installing Vray Next to test out then reverting back to Vray 3 and using the older vray_adv_37001_max2020_x64.exe installer. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1050269

Comment

Working...
          X