Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vray crashes in max 2018 while saving a texture ( overwrtiting it ) while rendering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray crashes in max 2018 while saving a texture ( overwrtiting it ) while rendering.

So like the title say's , let's say I'm rendering a prject and I am in PS and I overwrite an existing texture that is used in the scene while it's rendering it crashes everytime.

Hello,

I've managed to crash it when modifying a random texture during the initialization render phase but only when the textures are wired to 3ds max bitmap nodes. If this is the case with your scene you could try using VRayHDRI instead. If that doesn't solve the problem, would it be possible to send over a scene to philip.shounev@chaosgroup.com and a 3dsmax_minidump file (located in %temp% directory) as well ?

Best regards,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

I never load my texture in the vrayHDRI loader, ( except HDRI ) so it's wired via the bitmap of max. Before vray next it was not crashing while I was updating a texture and rendering so something is wrong now.

Comment

Can you please fix that bug. Very annoying !! Just lost 2h30 of work.... I though I was not rendering and I was, update ( overwritted ) the texture, then it's freezed beyoung repair !! It's either that or instant crash, every single time ! I use the bitmap of max, so try this, make a sphere, add a bitmap, go to photoshoip or else and resave the map overwrtiting it, it's instant crash .
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bigguns View Post
          Can you please fix that bug. Very annoying !! Just lost 2h30 of work.... I though I was not rendering and I was, update ( overwritted ) the texture, then it's freezed beyoung repair !! It's either that or instant crash, every single time ! I use the bitmap of max, so try this, make a sphere, add a bitmap, go to photoshoip or else and resave the map overwrtiting it, it's instant crash .
          You should use our loader, which doesn't crash.
          We have no control over the Max bitmap loader, hence the VRayHDRI creation, end further expansion beyond .HDR files.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

It always worked before. I don't want to have to change dozens of maps in my old projects etc. Why is it not working in vray next ? what has changed?

Comment

The reason may be varied, a fix forthcoming or not: entirely in the lap of the gods (Max changes, our changes, bugs, who knows on a Saturday night, eh?).
              You can RMC - Bitmap to VRayHDRI converter -> Convert to convert the scene you have open in a matter of seconds, and work away *right now* while that is figured out.
              It's a low cpu and RAM usage process you could run in parallel with whatever else you're doing should you need to perform it on a bigger set of scenes (including the old ones, should you wish to.).
              Hanging on to the max bitmap loader isn't going to allow you (as it is right now) to use the most advanced of stuff we offer, all the more so going forward.
              Ofc, hey, it's merely a suggestion: feel free to do as you please.
              Lele
              ----------------------

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Is there any advantages to use the vray hdri loader ( other then the crash issue ) ? I did used it years ago ( I use it for loading hdri images daily ) for loading maps, I don't remember why but there was things I did not liked about it so I continued top use the max bitmap

Comment

Way too many to mention and explain in a post.
                  Have a read here:

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY4MAX/VRayHDRI
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                  X