Reflection Pass Unusable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection Pass Unusable

Has anyone encountered an issue with their reflection passes being strange colors and super noisy? The final RGB pass is totally fine. I'm using the standard brute force + light cache workflow. All my other passes are fine. Not sure what's going on here.

Thanks,

Jinmu

I think I was told that everything now is in the specular pass.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I thought just sky/direct light reflections were in specular now and object to object reflections were still in the refl pass. Spec pass attached

Comment

I brought it up right after NEXT was released and I never really worked it out. You can search the forum and read the discussion.

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ecular-channel
        Last edited by glorybound; 20-09-2019, 02:32 PM.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Does your scene contain any standard material or other stuff that is not supported? Any objects without any materials at all?
          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Hmmm.... Most of our geometry is imported from Revit. So, there are probably a ton of Revit materials or objects with no materials. I bet that's what is causing the issue. Maybe I'll just run a v-ray scene converter and see if that fixes it.

Comment

I've converted all of the materials and assigned materials to objects that didn't have them, but I'm still getting the same result. I hid half the objects and the reflection pass rendered fine though. I can only assume that there is some kind of corrupted geometry from Revit in the file somewhere. We did have a lot of issues with crashes with this file, so that seems like the most likely explanation. Not a V-Ray issue.

Thanks for your suggestions, though!

Comment

Working...
              X