Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with opacity map in Alsurface when SSS is enabled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with opacity map in Alsurface when SSS is enabled.

There is an annoying problem with opacity map in Alsurface when SSS is enabled. It create a very nasty line at the border where there should be not... I spent 4h tor more trying to figure out what was the problem, I though it was mt gradient not smooth enouhgt, then a seams at the texture behind it etc.. to finally turn off the sss value and see the line disapears.

Can this be fixed please? Cannot have realistic eye with a sharp line in the transition.

Here's the image to show the problem, the one in skin tone color is the sss2 and it's working correctly with the sss2 and sss on. Only in alsurface when the sss is on it creates that problem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bigguns; 21-09-2019, 12:02 PM.

Could you send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I can, but it's very basic, you could do it with a simple gradient map but I will send you something.

Comment

i have exactly the same problem on basically the same approach /cornea to sklera transition...

Comment

demonslayer Could you send a scene, where this is replicable to the upper mentioned e-mail since we haven't yet received any files to test on?
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X