Massive LAG with Max 2020.2 and Substance2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive LAG with Max 2020.2 and Substance2

This might be better addressed with Autodesk or Allegorithmic and I will, but I wanted to see if anyone is having a LAG in Max 2020.2 when using a 'Substance2' material with VRay Next?

I create a plane object.
    I create a Substance2.
    I attach a generic fabric .sbsar.
    I use the script to generate a VRay material.
    I drag it to the plane.

Instantly, my scene is massively lagged. Just disabling or enabling the checkmark for say, the 'bump' parameter takes 15-seconds. Anything I touch takes 10-15 seconds or longer. If I now drag a standard VRay Mtl to the plane, all is well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
    -----------------------------------------
    Autodesk Expert Elite Member

Hello! I've tried to replicate you scenario here with 3ds Max 2020 upadte 2 and Substance 2, but it seems to work just fine. Are you using the latest Allegorithmic plugin? Is it reproducible with Sibstance to VRay script only?

Best,
    Tanya
    Tanya Todorova
    QA

Comment

Thanks Tanya, yea, it looks like I'm alone on this. Before I went and did a lengthy uninstall and reinstall of Max and then reconfigured my user settings, I wanted to see if it was happening elsewhere. I must have a conflict somewhere. I've already tried a new ENU and that didn't help.

I appreciate your having weighed in for me.
      V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
      -----------------------------------------
      Autodesk Expert Elite Member

Comment

Working...
      X