Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error message "calling evalworldstate" with particle flow

hi,

can render a scene with 15 million " particle flow" particles (at 64gb ram), but when i additionally use "mapping object" vray crashes with this error message :calling evalworldstate()

what can i do?

thanks for help
    thomes

3dsmax 2019.3 vray next update2 64gb ram
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thomes; 26-09-2019, 03:15 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this. Indeed it seems to happen when adding a mapping object operator in the particle viewer, so I've logged it in our bug tracker under VMAX-9121. As a workaround you could try turning off the mapping object and then add the particles to VRayInstancer.

Best,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Shounev View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for sharing this. Indeed it seems to happen when adding a mapping object operator in the particle viewer, so I've logged it in our bug tracker under VMAX-9121. As a workaround you could try turning off the mapping object and then add the particles to VRayInstancer.

Best,
      Philip

thanks philip, but with "mapping object" my particles get the mapping coordinates of the emitter object, this behaviour i canĀ“t get with vrayinstancer...there all particles get the same mapping... or am i wrong

emitterobject:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	objectemitter.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	1049194
      this is vrayinstancer
      Click image for larger version  Name:	vrayinstancer.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	1049191
      this is mappingobject

Click image for larger version  Name:	pf.jpg Views:	1 Size:	197.2 KB ID:	1049190
      Last edited by thomes; 26-09-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Hi again,

It turned out that the mapping object operator crash is related to some extend to what is set in the "Mapping Channels" section, so you could try switching to mapping channel 1 only. If that doesn't resolve the problem, there's another way to solve it with the help of two particle flow sources. Both of them should have material static and position object operators. The idea is to use a Multi / Sub material assigned to the material static operators which have an option to set Material IDs. When adding a position object operator, enable " Density by material / Grayscale / Use Sub-material " option. There you can set another material ID which should be used by the particles for distribution. Thus the particles will be emitted from certain areas. For better representation I'm attaching a couple of screenshots showing the particle viewer setup:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	material_static.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	1049279Click image for larger version

Name:	position_object.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	1049280

Best regards,
        Philip
        Philip Shounev
        QA department
        Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

thanks for help philip ! ... very cool idea. i could try this, but i have a multisub material with about i think 15 materials or so... the pictures with the black red sphere are only for demonstration purposes. anyway... i had a look and i have mapping channels 1 ticked. and further i got about 55 frames rendered and after that all machines involved brought up the error message "calling evalworldstate()". so something must happen then to crash them...

Click image for larger version  Name:	MC1b.jpg Views:	2 Size:	400.1 KB ID:	1049296
          Last edited by thomes; 27-09-2019, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. A more thorough investigation might be needed, so I've forwarded the additional information about this case to our developers.
            Philip Shounev
            QA department
            Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Our developers have resolved an error that appears in a similar scenario. You can download the latest stable from our nightly builds:

https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...ble/stable_4.3
              Philip Shounev
              QA department
              Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X