Odd rainbow effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd rainbow effect

I've attached two adjacent frames from an animation I've preped for one of my clients to render. We're both running MAX7 sp1 and Vray 1.46.15. We haven't really done much testing to find the cause of this problem, but I just wanted to post it to see if anyone has some experience with this type of glitch.

The sequence was net rendered using IRR Map for primary and Light Cache for secondary. My client added the RPC people, so I can't really write intelligently on those particular settings. My first thought is to try a frame or two without them. We haven't browsed the logs yet to see if the bad frames are coming from the same server yet, but that's another area to investigate.

Thanks,
    -Darrin Sabin

- Darrin -

make sure all your rpcs aren't receiving or emitting GI.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

and wasnt there someting about reflections on the car rpc's? or maybe its a little leppricon

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Cars are not RPCs... just the people. I'm not sure whether or not the guy who inserted the RPC people set GI properties or not. I'll find out.

-Darrin
        - Darrin -

Comment

how are u doing those bushes? they look great!
          --------------------
          speedtree is evil

Comment

Yeah, bushes... trees... that whole little area looks great.

--Jon

Comment

Thanks,

I've been using Onyx Tree for all landscaping. It takes some tweaking and wrist-slapping to work with Vray, but the final results are worth it. Night shots are fun too.

BTW Room217, I'm from Houston. Moved to Phoenix in 1994. I sure miss some things about Texas. What part, what college, what firm do you call home?
              - Darrin -

Comment

Just received the answer to the GI question on the RPC content. Generate GI was turned off. I can't imagine receiving GI would cause this.

Any other thoughts?

-Darrin
                - Darrin -

Comment

Hey Darin, Sorry, I can't help you with your problem..

Ahh Onyx. Bought it, made one tree into an rpc tree... then lost the damn dongle! Oh well.

I went to Memorial high school, and the excellent *cough* University of Houston. Working for Gravitas in Bellaire now.

Nice rendering btw.
                  -randy
                  --------------------
                  speedtree is evil

Comment

yeah the landscaping looks great. Will have to try oynxtree as well.

The people look like they are glowing around the edges though. We just bought a couple of lowpoly3d libraries of people which look resonable (at medium distance) so you could always try that out as an alternative to RPC

The distorted reflection on the glass is cool....how did you do it? noise bump on the glass panes?

BTW: the rainbow effect...could it be a geometry thing? Ive never seen this kind of effect before although I am a bit inexperienced still.

Comment

Just to close this thread, we've confirmed that turning off generate GI is not enough. We also had to turn off receive GI for the RPC people.

Thanks percydaman for the heads up, and to everyone else for their contributions.
                      - Darrin -

Comment

Working...
                      X