Water dark border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water dark border

Does anyone know why I'm getting this dark border where the water intersects with the beach? The scene is lit by a V-ray sun and a HDRI dome map. The water material is pretty simple. The only way to get rid of it is to disable "affect shadows" in the refraction settings, but then I would need to use photon map caustics in order to lit the underwater sand. Hope someone can solve this issue since I need to deliver the image in a few days...

Could you send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It's really a simple scene. I can remove any shaders, and put a solid color for the beach and a simple transparent material for the water. I just found out that the dark border is due to the fog color tint in the water. One way I was able to fix it is to use a VrayDistance tex in the fog color of the water. I can send you the scene. Forgot to mention It's Vray 3.60.04.

Comment

Hey,

Reduce the shadow bias of the VRaySun to something low and the dark border should go away.
        Miroslav Ivanov
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by miroslav.ivanov View Post
          Hey,

Reduce the shadow bias of the VRaySun to something low and the dark border should go away.
          Thaks! I tought it had something to do with the shadows. I guess it was so pronounced in this scene because it's in real scale in meters, so the shadow bias of the sun was 0,2 meters! (the sun was imported from another scene so I never noticed that)

Comment

Working...
          X