Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodesk Backburner error when rendering using prepass

Hello,

We have had some problems the past 6-8 months with backburner when rendering with V-Ray. This problem only happens when we render using prepass and backburn. After the prepass is calculated and the rendernodes go to the next job and start to render the scene, 3ds Max will start and as it has finished transferring files and is about to start calulating it will crash. The error we get in backburner is :
    'ERR 3dsmax adapter error: Autodesk 22.2 reported error: An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminating. 3dsmax adapter error: The pipe has been ended: 109 3dsmax adapter error: The pipe has been ended: 109...
    INF Application is down
    INF Adapter returned unexpected code -2 for 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2020\maxadapter.adp.exe" "-o" "ShutDown" "-1" "Info"
    ERR Unkown Error'

I have tested and I do not get these problems if I render and use single frame for both IR and LC, this is also not a problem if I turn off GI completely.

We have had this on a few different projects and I can't remember a project we have done that we didn't get it on since we started using 3ds Max 2020, I have tried to save the scene back to 2018 and got the same problems although I can't remember a single time when we had this problem the whole time we used 2018. We updated Vray from 3.60.04 to 3.70.01 in April, but shortly after we changed to using 3ds Max 2020, we could not find a 3.60 version for 2020 for testing.

I have tried to find a solution online, but I have tried all of the suggested fixes and I have not been able to fix this problem.

Is this a problem that could come from V-ray?

Thanks.

Hey. An old thread but wondered if you ever got this sorted? I am experiencing the same "pipe has ended" error with backburner.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I too received this message last Friday 16th September 2022.
      Maybe something to do with the following.
      * missing map
      * Forest Pack pro not created correctly
      * Run out of ram
      Other projects render fine via backburner so it's project specific.
      I'm trouble shooting it today. will post my findings....if I find anything

SOLVED:
      Three (3) proxy objects was saved to my hard drive. Nodes couldn't see them, hence the error.

Last edited by troy@visualiii.com.au; 18-09-2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I was never really able to fix the problem, I had brute force it by removing nodes and adding them back until they started rendering, as long as they started one frame properly they would continue fine. Sometimes I had to remove and add the node back 10+ times before it finally started rendering.

Comment

Originally posted by Tore S View Post
          I was never really able to fix the problem, I had brute force it by removing nodes and adding them back until they started rendering, as long as they started one frame properly they would continue fine. Sometimes I had to remove and add the node back 10+ times before it finally started rendering.
          Thanks for the update. That is strange behavior isn't it.

I actually discovered that the Vray proxy's path was to the C drive and not a network path. Noob error!
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X