ExtraTexMap is useless when baking textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExtraTexMap is useless when baking textures

Baking AO is such an incredible pain in Vray. I really wish the ExtraTexMap worked when doing Render To Texture so that an AO pass could be created easily.

What would the current issues be? Could you share what setup you use to bake, and why you find it difficult?
    It seems to me than a simple override shader would do the trick for a whole scene, but perhaps you have specific needs i'm not thinking of.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi, Lele. Sorry for the massive delay in response, I didn't get a notification that you had responded so I'm only now finding it.

Applying an override material is not a good option because it's way too clunky to use in a production environment. The render to texture elements aren't set up to allow you to apply override materials per object or per set of elements, so it's one more thing that you'd need to remember to to set up every single time you wanted to bake that particular element. The ExtraTexMap pass was set up for this kind of thing... they just need to make it work with render to texture.

Comment

Working...
      X