Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render to texture. Dark lightmaps

Hi everybody,

We're trying to convert one of our vray scenes intro a realtime scene using our own engine. It exports from 3dsmax and uses baked lightmaps, but when we try to RTT with vray lightmaps get very dark. First image is direct render from max7 with vray 1.46.10. Second image is the same scene with RTT in our engine. Its not the engine fault because lightmap images are dark.

Do you know the reason?

thanks

Alex

did you check on the help file under the rtt section if lightmaps are supported?

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I've found the problem.
      It's the secondary rays bias. It have to be al 0.001, not 0.0.

Then everything is ok. Well not everything... hehe a lot of meshes without textures or working ones... low res lightmaps, but it's not vray fault :P

I'll post some screenshots at the end

thx

ALex

Comment

Looking good.

I'm also pretty heavy into the RTT thing. when you say your own engine, which engine is it?

(I'm using an odd combo of virtools dev and director)
        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Newer versions of VRay will automatically assume 0.001 for the ray bias in RTT mode, if you have accidentally left it at 0.0.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by dbuchhofer
            Looking good.

I'm also pretty heavy into the RTT thing. when you say your own engine, which engine is it?

(I'm using an odd combo of virtools dev and director)
            I mean exactly that, our own engine, programmed by us. We call it INNER ;P

Comment

Working...
            X