Scene that freezes VRay. Dunno why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scene that freezes VRay. Dunno why.

Ok. A friend of mine gave me a scene with some porfumes which he just couldn't render at all! He found it as free scene. So I tried to render the scene - and it constantly freezing VRay, but still using 100% CPU time.
    I tried lightcache/QMC/PPT - no luck. Mat. override/turning glossy off - helps, but I want it with mats Seems like scene supposed to be rendered with VR 1.09.03.

Plz help me

Scene itself with no modifications Which he's downloaded

http://rapidshare.de/files/1307298/p...final.rar.html
    I just can't seem to trust myself
    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CG Artist

It's not hanging, it's just dead slow; and it is slow because in one of the perfum bottles the liquid is too close to the glass, which is causing trouble for VRay (similar to the case of overlapping faces). To solve this, select object "Line04" and set its scale to 105%; this will cause the liquid to go slightly inside the bottle and rendering will be fine.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Also, it will be a good idea to invert the liquid normals, so that it is like a normal obejct (the normals point to the outside).

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

In fact, it looks like just flipping the normals for "Line04" solves the problem...

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

i dont suppose something like this can be detected by vray and a warning outputted to the log?

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
            i dont suppose something like this can be detected by vray and a warning outputted to the log?
            I don't think so... but the scene has other problems, like a Shellac material with both of the sub-materials reflective and refractive, which further makes the problem worse, since any ray that falls on this material is split into 4 other rays (and if any of those is reflected towards the same material, it again generates 4 more rays and you get an exponential growth of the number of rays). The problem with the liquid is not so relevant - it simply made the surface reflective so that rays were hitting the shellac material over and over again. Using just one material, instead of Shellac fixes the problem too.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

ahh ok. Fair enough.
              Now i understand what was wrong with that scene

Thanks

Comment

Damn....... I knew that It's too damn complex to think about
                I just can't seem to trust myself
                So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                ---------------------------------------------------------
                CG Artist

Comment

Working...
                X