IPR Render shuts Slate Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR Render shuts Slate Down

This issue is similar to this thread: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...when-ipr-is-on
    but slightly different so I started a new one.

I used to be able to tweak a material with the IPR window running. I could watch color or parameter changes. Now, if Slate is open, as soon as I click IPR, the Slate window is closed. When I click IPR 'Stop' the Slate window reopens. I was hoping that the new version 3.2 would address this issue but sadly it did not.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
    -----------------------------------------
    Autodesk Expert Elite Member

Are you on Max 2021?
    I'm interested in this too as I reported the same issue 2 days ago, and the support team couldn't re-produce it .
    I will test with new released build and see if that will solve it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
    Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the report. We are aware of the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-9737). It occurs in 3ds Max 2021. I'll bump its priority additionally.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by M.Max View Post
        Are you on Max 2021?
        Yes, I'm on Max 2021 but it also occurs with Max 2020. It looks like Chaos is aware of it. Hopefully a fix won't take too much time.

V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD

Comment

Update. I installed the latest Substance plugin for Max 2021 and the problem stopped mostly. I can now use Slate and watch it update in an IPR render. That's working fine. Only other issue I'm seeing is that 'Region' render won't function at all. No matter what, the entire view is rendered.

Comment

Working...
          X