Error and missed deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error and missed deadline

I keep missing deadlines because V-Ray crashes out at the very end of very long renders. I have been rendering this out for weeks without and only changing lighting.

Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Have you tried Sini Forensics on the file?

Comment

If you have no time to solve the problem because of deadlines one workaround could be to save the image short before the end of the render process (you told that it always happens on the very end of the process). May be you know it already (I didn´t know it for a long time) : It is possible to save the image file while rendering in the VFB-WIndow. When you saved the state of the rendering you can look where some buckets are missing and render it with render regions.
      @Nicinus: Thanks for the tip with Sini Forensics.
      Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

Its likely you are rendering on the gpu? perhaps it runs out of memory and can't save the file, that's why it crashes. To me, gpu causes more headache then time it suppose to save
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I use the PSD manager in my workflow, so the render has to end. I'll try again.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I started on CPU, switched to GPU, and back to CPU. I am using a Railclone material, which isn't supported. The original CPU rendered slow but fine. GPU was much faster, but I can't use RailClone. Back on CPU and I get the crash. I simply opened MAX back up, hit render, and it rendered out fine. I wouldn't care much, however, 5 hours render just to crash at its end!
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I think it's related to PSD manager, try sending their support an email with crash dump file so they could know exactly when this happen.

I'm not that familiar with PSD manager, so out of curiosity what does it have that cryptomatte /exr IO worflow can't do?
              -------------------------------------------------------------
              Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
              Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X