Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• save VrayLightingAnalysis channel sequence

hi.

i'm rendering out an animated daylight study sequence using the VrayLightingAnalysis render element but i can't save out a multi channel .exr with the light analysis data.

i've managed to save out the multi channel .exr by turning off the VFB, but the VrayLightAnalysis channel renders out black - i'm guessing that this is because the element is calculated in the VFB after each frame has rendered...?

the only way so far i can save out the element is by saving direct from the VFB, but this is going to be problematic on a rendered sequence. is there a way to do what i'm trying to do?

thanks!

edit: max 2020 + vray next 3.1 (4.30)
    Last edited by s0real; 20-04-2020, 08:22 AM.
    when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

I just tested rendering such a sequence and saving it through the V-Ray raw image file output. It seems to be working fine. Could you share the scene here or at support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look (mention this thread in the e-mail)?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi - thanks for the reply.

i didn't try using vray raw image file, i was using EXR - i'll try with vray raw image and see if that works.

thanks.

Comment

i managed to save out the render channels as separate jpeg files from the vray frame buffer settings rollout which solved the issue. sorry, i hadn't realized that this was an option.
        thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X