New Vray 5 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vray 5 Beta

Just installed Vray 5 Beta, and sorry, but almost immediately reverted back to Vray Next.
    Firstly and most importantly the new licence server doesn't allow my older version of PheonixFD to run (version 31400).
    I did have a very quick look around though before uninstalling.

There's a lot of things i really dont like in the frame buffer i'm afraid. Having the new drop down menu system along the top of the window ( obviously in order to tidy things up i guess by replacing many of the previous icons ) is a lot slower unnecessary and clumsy in my view. Takes ages to find what you need in there.
    I really dont like that the VFB History comes up as default. I tried switching it off in settings but the bulky bar still remained even though the actual history content had disappeared (ugly / messy).
    The icons that remain (such as render region) look barely different when made active so it is unclear if they are switched on or off.
    That was as far as i got however as i then realised FD hadnt loaded and discovered my version would not work with Vray 5 ... so i then uninstalled.
    ​​​​​​​I didnt try the new materials library but it did take ages to install which i always find rather disconcerting.

Thanks anyway. Hope it improves a bit by the time its out of Beta.

Simon.

I guess i am not the only one regarding frame buffer, user interface is not good.

To hover mouse over icon to decipher meaning it defaults purpose of icon.
    Spending extra time searching trough lot's of redundant drop-down hidden features what you need is tiresome.
    Redundant drop down menu options with drop down menu which is not needed.
    Under utilization of space.

I also hope this is not final version and that drop down menu will be gone and some normal sized clear meaning icons will be introduced on top or side, even usage of simple text instead of this new trend where everything needs to be "compacted" would be much appreciated.

After few days of 6 to 8 and even 12 hours of work and loss of concentration things start to disappear, that can bring confusion to whole new level with this VFB.

Thanks and take care,
    Ivan

Comment

Is this the correct place to put Vray 5 beta feedback? I have no idea where to put it, but i will have some...............

Gentlemen, here >>>>>>>>> https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ta-for-3ds-max
      Last edited by CityWrecker; 02-05-2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dartvision View Post
        Just installed Vray 5 Beta, and sorry, but almost immediately reverted back to Vray Next.
        Firstly and most importantly the new licence server doesn't allow my older version of PheonixFD to run (version 31400).
        I did have a very quick look around though before uninstalling.

There's a lot of things i really dont like in the frame buffer i'm afraid. Having the new drop down menu system along the top of the window ( obviously in order to tidy things up i guess by replacing many of the previous icons ) is a lot slower unnecessary and clumsy in my view. Takes ages to find what you need in there.
        I really dont like that the VFB History comes up as default. I tried switching it off in settings but the bulky bar still remained even though the actual history content had disappeared (ugly / messy).
        The icons that remain (such as render region) look barely different when made active so it is unclear if they are switched on or off.
        That was as far as i got however as i then realised FD hadnt loaded and discovered my version would not work with Vray 5 ... so i then uninstalled.
        I didnt try the new materials library but it did take ages to install which i always find rather disconcerting.

Thanks anyway. Hope it improves a bit by the time its out of Beta.

Simon.
        - would be nice to have tear-offs

Comment

Frame Buffer.
          oops wrong spot
          Last edited by lbpalm; 05-05-2020, 05:47 AM. Reason: posted in wrong spot

Comment

Im running into Unhandled Exception errors when working with Forest Pack while rendering with IPR. Maybe Im just taxing the system too much. When using IPR, just removing Forest Pack items from the render will throw the error. I can imagine if ADDING Forest Pack items but removing them for lower memory consumption? weird. Also I cant get DOF to work no matter what I try. One nice thing is that when getting the error, it doesn't crash Max. It will allow me to at least save the scene but I do have to restart Max to use GPU again.

Comment

Working...
            X