vray physical camera, and "lock render view"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray physical camera, and "lock render view"

ive been using IPR a lot on this project, and the "lock view for rendering" tickbox (the padlock next to the selected view in the render dialog) is essential for allowing viewport changes for editing, whilst rendering the camera view.

however ive noticed some very odd inconsistent behaviour.

when the lock is enabled, sometimes exposure on camera is ignored, sometimes, it is applied, but any changes are ignored.

anyone else experienced similar?

max 2018, latest vray next.

Do you think you can record a video of this so that we know how to reproduce it here?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Do you think you can record a video of this so that we know how to reproduce it here?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I will see what i can do. as is often the case, during a project with a tight deadline its difficult to find the time.

basic scenario was:

originally using standard cameras with vrayexposurecontrol in 3 different product shots.

one needed updating with camera shift and zoom, so i used a script to replace standard cams with vray cams in all 3 scenes. copied exposure settings from vrayexposure control into cam settings.

whilst moving stuff around using IPR i noticed my basic light setup was burning out the background and chalk shaded objects (we have not got to lighting and materials stage yet)

tried adjusting exposure in cam.. no change (or even refresh) of ipr

tried restarting ipr, no change

tried very extreme exposure settings, no change

turned off exposure on cam, no change

turned back on vrayexposurecontrol, no change (im not sure about this one, dont remeber if "exposure on vraycam disabled, vrayexposurecontrol enabled" worked or not)

switched to standard cam with exposure control, starts working

go back to vraycam, exposure working..!?

realise only thing i changed was unlocking camera view.

relock camera view

adjust exposure settings on cam... no change...
      etc.etc...

Comment

Working...
      X