No announcement yet.

Unknown 3ds Max 2021 IPR slowdown (80%)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown 3ds Max 2021 IPR slowdown (80%)

Hi,

I have just moved over to Max 2021, using latest stable of Vray Next 3.2 . I have an issue where I am loading a scene from 3ds max 2020, and when I start the IPR(cpu) it lags severely, 3-4 seconds between trying to rotate etc. I have tried to isolate the issue but cannot find what is causing it. But what is interesting is, Even if I reset the scene, put in a basic light and sphere, the lag continues. BUT if i close max down and create the same basic scene, it works fine. It is only until I have loaded the 3ds max 2020 scene that the issues start happening. It would save me a lot of time to be able to load the scene. Any ideas why loading that scene causes the IPR to slow down even in new scenes after the opening?

I have also tried VRAY BETA 5, and it has the same problem.

any help appreciated! Thanks

Hello,

Best would be if you could send the offending scene to our support - we'll check if there is anything we can do about it.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Yavor, thanks for the reply, sorry for the lateness. I have found the issue. Every time I add a Substance 2 map, the issue occurs. Is there any workaround or fix to this? Thank you

Comment

Hi, just searching I found someone else has recommended updating the Substance Plugin, it is working fine now, thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X