Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not Render with Backburner

Hi all,

We are fighting with Backburner here and banging our heads against the wall trying to get backburner to work.

We are using Vray 1.46.15 and are using vray and its Split G-buffer passes so that we can render out some reflection and shadow passes for an animation. The files we have render fine in MAX, but as soon as they are submitted to backburner we are plagued with errors.

So far we have received Unhandled exception errors where the offending node displays a popup with "Vray Error: Sorry Can't write to output", we are getting errors indicating that none of the Vray DLLs can be found on certain nodes, even though you can render the file in MAX on that same machine. We also have one node that shows up as rendering in backburner and "processes" frames even though the server is not even on that machine and is not rendering on the actual machine.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecited. We need to get this done this week and Vray is starting to drive me nuts!

Cheers,
    Jeff

Try running some scanline jobs through Backburner. Your problems sound like issues with Backburner and your network setup, not vray.

Comment

We've run a ton of jobs thorugh in scanline recently and there are no issues.

Comment

It sounds more like a backburner problem and not so much a VRay problem; have you had previous versions of 3dsmax installed on the render slaves? Is the VRay version the same on all machines? You can also try to ask discreet or autodesk-whatever it's called now for help, they should know more about this kind of issues.

Also, does the scene render with the VRay VFB disabled?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
          It sounds more like a backburner problem and not so much a VRay problem; have you had previous versions of 3dsmax installed on the render slaves?
          To rule out all of the potential issues like this I am only submittng to my own workstation which renders the file fine in MAX. My machine has only ever had Max 7 on it.

Is the VRay version the same on all machines?
          As I'm submitting to the same machine that renders the file ok, yes, it's the same version of Vray.

Also, does the scene render with the VRay VFB disabled?
          I can't disable the Vray VFB as I am rendering passes and need seperate G-buffers.

Best regards,
          Vlado[/quote]

Comment

Works fine here, maybe permissions?
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

i find rendering through backburner is much fussier when it comes to plugins installed on other machines. Backburner will stop on an error that you can click 'continue' on when the scene is loading if dont use net render. For example, One of the materials in my scene that someone else had made used a plugin to get a certain effect on the car reflectors. For this job, I couldnt net render unless i removed this material from being used AND also from the material library for that job....so it failed even when i wasnt using this material in my scene (this is how i remember it - was a while back). So even though this scene loaded fine on my work machine, it would fail on the rendernodes because of this plugin was absent (which wasnt even installed on my main machine either)

so it could be vray related if one of the vray mats makes use of certain plugins that are absent....

Also, i tend to login to all rendering computers as the same username and password to avoid potential permission problems. Maybee you could try this

hopefully this helps. good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
              X