Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering Error: Spawners are rendering a different position

Hi,

We've six workstations over here with six full (gui + node) licenses, all running on 3ds max 2019 with Vray Next update 3.1 (4.30.01 build 00001) installed.

When using distributed, some of the computers joining the scene start rendering like a different camera. I have attached an screenshot that shows the error. As you can see, it's not that the spawners are rendering black, but you can appreciate that they are rendering something different inside the building (you can see some columns in the image) . Sometimes it's even more clear as the render is happening inside a forest pack, or somewhere else in the scene. This is happening more or less with all the computers, but some of them are rendering fine now and then.

We had this problem since more than a year ago and we have already tried several things. First, we tried your "general DR solutions". All versions are the same for V-ray and 3ds Max and regional settings in all computers too. Gamma settings are also the same. Since the problem appeared we have also updated to a newer versions of V-ray, but that didn't solve the issue. Because of that, we thought that it could have been related to network permits, but everything looks fine too.

Does someone have an idea about what could be failing? We would be really happy of recovering all our render power Thanks!

Hello,

Are you using xref scenes and is your camera in an xref scene ?

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Yavor,

Thanks for your reply. We are using Xref Scenes, but we always have a camera file with camera and light together. However, we have also tried to merge all the xref scenes in that camera file and render all together with spawners, but we are getting the same issue.

Best
      Martin

Comment

Then probably it would be best to contact support about it.
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Xrefs set to use Xref Tracks have caused a lot of problems for me in the past. Sometimes they lose their transform and end up in seemingly arbitrary positions when sent to render.
          I had the same issue today (dr renders were giving different results), found this thread, and remembered to check my Xref objects tracks. Turns out one of the files was set to "Tracks: Xref". If I use "Tracks: local" I don't get this issue. Anyways, I merged the controllers from the Xref panel to resolve the issue.
          Last edited by markus_s_cg; 01-07-2022, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X