Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this reflection bug ?

Hello,

I noticed strange behavior of reflections in this scene. Place in red circle shows edge of displaced carpet. it has to be reflected across whole middle box, but it ends before edge of box. Strangely reflection continues on the next box on the left. Both boxes are orthogonal, Chamferbox object as it can be seen in wire.

Image is rendered in VIZ R4, Vray 1.46.15

Material with strange reflection is Vraymtl with reflection 65,65,65 and color 5,4,2.

Did someone noticed this strange reflection on other projects ?

thanks, neoVISUAL

i might be wrong but i have the slight impression that the surfaces of the boxes apear to be a little bit convex.
    did you use a smoth modifier on them?
    that might be the reason max interprets them as convex if the modifier treshold is to strong.

andy
    www.v-cube.de

Comment

Hi!
      I could bet it's because of screwed up surface normals / smoothing on the chamfer boxes. Try and render the boxes flat shaded, i guess then reflections should be where they are supposed to be.

Regards,
      Michael
      This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

chamferbox smoothing problem

Yes, you are right. It was due to default smoothing of Chamferbox object. I applied smooth modifier with smooth off and now reflections are as they are supposed to be.

Thanks a lot !!

Comment

Working...
        X