X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB darker than saved image

Hello all,

This is my first ever post here.
    I'm having an issue with VFB showing the rendered image too dark. It happened when by mistake I checked LUT on and immediately off when I was working on post-production. After that even turning the LUT off didn't help. In the picture I'm sending here I am using a LUT file but still after saving it's much brighter.
    As suggested by a post in 3Ds Max I even set the colour mapping mode in render settings to None (don't apply anything) and that didn't work either.

It's frustrating because in order to see the result of lighting, shadows, etc I have to save them and view them in another app.
    Is there a way to fix this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	2382
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	1072222

Have you saved the LUT in the file via the "Save in image" option in the VFB's LUT rollout? Also, you should override the gamma to 1 when saving the image, so as not to apply a 2.2 gamma on top of the LUT.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for replying,
      yes I just saved the LUT and tried saving the rendered image again but nothing changed. The saved rendered images are have the correct amount of black and white point based on the lighting I use. VFB renders correctly but shows a much darker result.
      This is problematic because I can't really see the result in real time when I use the interactive rendering unless I save it as a preview. Otherwise the renders themselves are done perfectly. So the automatic applied gamma of 2.2 works fine when saving.
      Even if the solution is to re-install 3Ds max and Vray I'm willing to do it, as long as I get the correct results showing in VFB.

Comment

If I understood correctly, you need to activate the "sRGB" (or alternatively Gamma 2.2) curve in the VFB (button left from LUT), which applies a gamma curve for previewing purposes. Judging by the screenshots, I presumed it was off on purpose.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X