No announcement yet.

Frame Stamp not working in V-Ray 5 CPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Stamp not working in V-Ray 5 CPU?

The Frame Stamp options are there under the Settings tab, in the System section. But I can not get the frame stamp to appear in VFB2, or saved files. I tried many experiments. Is it a bug? Also I can not find the option at all in V-Ray 5 GPU, is it intentionally left out?

I'm using 3ds max 2021.1 and V-Ray 5.00.03

thanks,

Jim

Hello,

Frame stamps are not implemented at all for VFB2 for now - we have them in the list.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
      Hello,

Frame stamps are not implemented at all for VFB2 for now - we have them in the list.

Best regards,
      Yavor
      thanks Yavor. Is it possible to switch the VFB from 2 to 1 for users of 3ds max 2020 or 2021?

Comment

By the way - can you describe what are you using the stamps for and what stamp variables do you use ?
        Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
          By the way - can you describe what are you using the stamps for and what stamp variables do you use ?
          I find it useful as a way to show render times for the image along with the computer specs. Usually I am want to show that a scene is rendering quickly.

Comment

The render time is shown in the status bar at the bottom of the VFB2, so at least there is that.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It is rather important part in production as we save different iterations of a character look dev for example with all the info such as maya version, scene version, frame number, camera used and of course the render time. Otherwise we have to put all of that in the file name.

Comment

Same.........

Comment

Was rendering out some material library swatches and wanted rendertime stamped into the thumbnails. Work around for me was to turn off the VRay FB and save images out of the default 3dsMax FB. The stamp options seems to write to that one fine other than the font settings might not be getting applied(?) (just writes out with system font & text size). Seems to work well enough until it gets implemented back into VRFB2

Comment

Oh, I was just looking this up to figure out what we were doing wrong in VRay5. The frame stamps were VERY useful. We like to burn the render node name, scene name, and render time to the tests.

Comment

@ Yavor Rubenov... Hi ChaosGroup development team... reading this thread, it seems to me that "Frame Stamp" is on its way to be trashed away by the Vray development team.
                      Your simple question dated 22.06.2020 "By the way - can you describe what are you using the stamps for and what stamp variables do you use ?" is much revealing.

FRAME STAMP still not working in my VRAY5 setup, which appears very strange to me as its not a high-end feature that requires headaches to port or develop.
                      To me and to other CG artists, this is an absolutely essential feature.
                      It helps refining rendering settings (which are notoriously complex in Vray), seriously assessing gains and losses in quality, writing down essential factors to the image (time spent, resolution etc.)

So please, would you be kind enough to re-implement this forgotten feature, or hide it away for good to prevent user frustration?

Thank you so much.

Marc (Paris)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1379
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1095150
                        Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Yes, another vote to bring this feature back. Useful for keeping up with render times and frame numbers. Thanks.

Comment

It is already there.
                            Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Working...
                            X