No announcement yet.

Cancelling a render during LightCache Calcualtion Hangs Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok then, anyone willing to send a scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can reproduce and fix this?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I get this more and more 2.
      max 8, vraysp2, xp64
      I cancel lc calculation, then it hangs, max says "saving", but it just hangs and never seems to get out of that, all I can do is kill max in task manager.
      VERY annoying, now I have to save every time before I do a render, just to be sure not to loose anything.

oh.. as a side note: It also corrupts your max file when you kill max in task manager in this process. sweet!
      Last edited by Joost Ink; 16-05-2008, 04:45 AM.

Comment

If you could send your scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com I will be able to look into this in more detail.

Other than that, are you using DR? If not, do you have any idea what might be causing 3ds Max to save your scene (which is probably why it is corrupted when you kill it). Is your scene located on a network drive?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok, I will see if I can put a stripped version together (it's quite large).

I am not using DR and the scene is located on the network.
          I have a large area with vraydisplacement, that might be part of the problem. but funny thing is sometimes is starts immediately and if not it hangs like described before.

I have no idea why it is saving, maybe an automatic save that was trying to start?

I have 2 quad cores and the # of passes in LC was set to 8. now I changed it to 4, not had the problem yet, might that be related?

Comment

Not well tested yet, but I noticed the last bucket in my scene using SP2 seems to take an extra long time to complete. I have not tried canceling a light cache yet with this version as I only have started using it in the past two days.
            Tim Nelson
            timnelson3d.com

Comment

Working...
            X