DR- no more pending work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR- no more pending work

hello all,I have a question about V-Ray 5 and Distributed Rendering. so I am connected to 2 host for distributed rendering, and as soon as the scene gets transferred to the the slave machine, I get the message that the render host released because there is no more pending work, but obviously there seems to be more work to be done, is there some setting that I am missing?
    lease help

Same here. Did you figure it out? I suspect it is user permissions?
    Running Max 2021 on fresh windows install.

Edit: I started the spawner manually and it works. NOT as a service.
    Last edited by meanadam; 14-10-2020, 04:35 PM.
    www.studio2a.co

Comment

ntavian, can you share more info regarding the slave machine you are using (hardware-wise) and forward a log file for us to investigate? You can find the log files by typing %temp% in your file explorer and look for any recent vraylog files. Thanks!
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

nikoleta.garkova
        Hello, same problem here.
        I am at the office and using just two computers, after two hours the slave stopped saying it has "no pending work". Also the main computer got stucked after that message and the render did not continue.
        We have this problem only when using progressive sampler and DR. With bucket sampler we have not seen this problem

Where should I send the logs? and do you need the one from the slave or the one from the main computer? maybe both?

thank you
        Last edited by manelreig; 18-12-2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

manelreig, you can forward the logs from both the client and the server machines through our online Contact Form. Make sure to mention this thread in the email along with info about your system configuration - OS/CPU/GPU/GPU driver versions. Thanks!

Comment

Hello Same issue here with 3ds max 2022 and Vray 5.
            Was there a solution to this problem?

Comment

We'll need to get more details so we can understand what's happening. Do share the information that was requested from my previous posts in this thread along with info about the exact V-Ray/3ds max versions.

Have you tried restarting the spawners to see if that changed anything? Make sure you're using the same versions on all machines. Does this happen on progressive or bucket rendering?

Comment

Working...
              X