Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-ray Next 4.30.02 - Extreme "dancing" white pixels on any material at a distance with glossy reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see some progress on this.

Comment

Wow, that's very promising and awesome to hear that this issue is already being addressed and working in builds.
      It is hard to roll out an indeterminate version to the whole team like this and keep the pipeline reliable.
      We haven't moved to 5 yet so it would be good to know how where this build sits in relation to our 4.30.02 build 00001 installs.

I wonder what the roadmap looks like seeing this in official releases as we get this issue nearly every project we do.

Thanks heaps for the update Lele. I will keep this build handy in a pinch.

Comment

What are you ping / highlight values once you've gotten a result you're happy with? Anything in compositing (or vray glare glow) that needs values above 1.0 always suffer when clamping is applied. Do you find you dont need those values and anything that might need them can just be eyeballed and approximated just as well?
        Website
        https://mangobeard.com/
        Behance
        https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

It won't make bloom and glare impossible, not to worry.
          Thresholds may have to be adjusted a bit depending on the specific situation, but it will leave overbrights in the scene, so that all that stuff will work fine.
          I haven't experimented with the tech enough to give you a general rule of thumb for what happens to values.
          vlado will know.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi Guys, newbie here (don't know if this is the right place to ask this question below)

CLAMP OUTPUT QUESTION: -guys, how to unhide CLAMP OUTPUT in Vray 5 render settings (3DS Max) using a maxscript?
            (it's hidden by default says chaosgroup -for I have problem with jagged edges on bright area of an object (it's easily solve before by SubPixel Mapping and Clamp Output)

Comment

Originally posted by lassysilvestre View Post
              Hi Guys, newbie here (don't know if this is the right place to ask this question below)

CLAMP OUTPUT QUESTION: -guys, how to unhide CLAMP OUTPUT in Vray 5 render settings (3DS Max) using a maxscript?
              (it's hidden by default says chaosgroup -for I have problem with jagged edges on bright area of an object (it's easily solve before by SubPixel Mapping and Clamp Output)
              I'm looking for the same thing here. How do I access this maxscript so I can see the clamp output settings?

Comment

lassysilvestre
                Originally posted by jeremiah_jones View Post

I'm looking for the same thing here. How do I access this maxscript so I can see the clamp output settings?
                The option is deprecated with the implementation of the Adaptive Lights. Try increasing the AA filter's (V-Ray>Image filter) size or/and add slightly effective lens effects (VFB2>Lens Effects).
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
                  lassysilvestre

The option is deprecated with the implementation of the Adaptive Lights. Try increasing the AA filter's (V-Ray>Image filter) size or/and add slightly effective lens effects (VFB2>Lens Effects).
                  The issue that I have is that I have white spots coming from the HDRI. I'm using a dome light with an HDRI to light my scene. The only thing that seems to get rid of them is using older settings that still have clamp output turned on and then turning on sub pixel. I will give what you said a shot but are there other solutions for this issue?

Comment

I'm using Area as my AA filter with default of 1.5. Tried increasing to 3 but now it is much blurrier and the spots are still there.

Comment

This is still a common issue. Would love to see some progress on this.

I thought it was in an internal build months ago? ^Lele^ ?

Comment

The build's still there.

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...15#post1079115
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                          Yeah, but I think we'd all like to see it in the main stable branch of VRay 5 sooner rather than later.

Comment

The readiness for primetime is for Vlado to decide.
                            I'd rather not talk in his stead, but i *assume* he'd like to make the feature a bit more complete, and able to deal with any high contrast situation.
                            For now, either use the provided build, or any of the traditional ameliorating methods (f.e. lower gloss and lower reflectivity on distant parts.).
                            Lele
                            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                              The readiness for primetime is for Vlado to decide.
                              I'd rather not talk in his stead, but i *assume* he'd like to make the feature a bit more complete, and able to deal with any high contrast situation.
                              For now, either use the provided build, or any of the traditional ameliorating methods (f.e. lower gloss and lower reflectivity on distant parts.).
                              Thanks. I will test that build on my scene and report back what results I get.

Comment

Hey guys,
                                sadly I have the same problem here. But in our case, it is even more weird, because the scene is not animated. No moving geometry, cameras or lights.
                                Yet rendering some consecutive frames yields flickering highlights. All the frames were rendered on the same machine, to ensure it is not caused by changing hardware setups. It seems catching the little highlights is totally random.
                                We tried a number of things: Raising Min and Max AA (Min 4, Max as high as 256), lowering the glossiness of the car paint, making the sun size bigger, changing the bucket size, setting AA filter to Cubic and resetting V-Ray. Nothing helped.

Max 2023, V-Ray 6.00.20

Click image for larger version

Name:	10h.RGB_color.gif
Views:	184
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1184462
                                https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Working...
                                X